Monday, September 29, 2014

Random Review: Infinity Challenge Radio DJ Special

I've been putting up random segments here and there. It's too random and I'm too lazy to think of a creative name to name this segment.

My random review is about Infinity Challenge, again. 3 weeks ago, Infinity Challenge had set up a new challenge that was never done before. Being a radio deejay for a day. Each member will have 2 hours of live radio segment to entertain the listeners for that day. 11 September was the day marked "Radio Day" for them. I was interested to listen out what they have in store for us so before the actual day came, I went to imbc.com and clicked on the FM4U radio tab to make sure that I know I can listen to it on my laptop. Alternatively, I also went into Play Store to download the MBC Mini app which also has FM4U radio station and other radio stations to listen as well. I cannot stay on watching my laptop all the time especially my lunch time so there's another way to listen to it.

I've attended Korean lessons and knew a little bit about what the deejays were saying, though not in full sentences, but the kind of how they presented made me laughed while both listening to the radio and looking at the actual broadcast.

Every member will have 2 hours to present. Starting off was the so-called "고유명수" (Pronounce as  "go-yoo-myeong-su" or "Unique Myung Soo" Park Myung Soo in the morning from 7am to 9am KST (6am to 8am Local Time), Jung Jun Ha from 12am to 2pm KST, Noh Hong Chul from 2pm to 4pm, Jung Hyung Don from 6pm to 8pm, "메뚜기" ("mae-ddu-gi") or "Grasshopper" Yoo Jae Suk from 10pm to 12am and ended the "Radio Day" was "하로로" ("ha-lo-lo") or "Haroro" Haha from 12am to 2am.

Personally, I didn't listen to Park Myung Soo and Haha because the former was too early and the latter was too late. The others...manageable! However, I didn't listen to the full radio segment because I feel that I'm not the one that I can listen to the full 2 hours of radio even there's music but it's always a good experience to listen to radio from other countries.

In my opinion, I like Jung Hyung Don's performance because first of all, he has no experience of being a radio deejay, neither he had been a guest on radio shows. His experience...totally zero, nothing! However, he managed to perform well although he made several mistakes during a live program. During the broadcast where they were showing the preparations of becoming a radio deejay, he didn't do well but by listening to the radio and learning the way of how to speak, he made it. His hard work really paid off. I initially also liked Noh Hung Chul because of his crazy acts during the live performance but in the actual broadcast, he didn't manage to end his segment before the next show took over. Instead, he was singing! I was totally awed by that and never had I heard people not signing off on radio before they passed on the show to the next presenter. That was a totally no-no!

In the actual broadcast of Park Myung Soo's performance, I laughed until my stomach really hurt. He sent Noh Hong Chul to wake up the radio deejay which he is the real presenter for the morning show, which really made me laughed. He also had some funny conversations between Yoo Jae Suk who was presenting the traffic reports and himself. Lastly, he also invited some listeners for some "Lip dancing" which was quite unique for a radio show. Although I didn't listen to his broadcast, it was so exciting by watching at it.

After the "Radio Day", I still listened to FM4U at 5pm Local Time. Why? The program is called "배철수의 음악캠프" or "Bae Chul Soo's Music Camp" which was Jung Hyung Don's radio deejay for a day program. The format of the show is that only English songs are played during that 2 hours, along with some talking from the deejay Bae Chul Soo himself. The opening music "Satisfaction" by Vienna Symphonic Orchestra really attracted me to listen to his program especially I was brainwashed by the "핫 둘 셋 Satisfaction" during the opening. I don't know Vienna Symphonic Orchestra can put in Korean words into their music which was to me, WOW!

I'm looking forward for the next broadcast of the "Radio Day" special but due to a sporting event, the show has to be postponed. I respect that but just really can't wait to see the last 3 deejays performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment