Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Travel Diary #2: Central Japan Day 1 (1/3)

Time really flies! The last time I wrote my first Travel Diary on Krabi, Thailand was a year ago. Initially, there was another Travel Diary to be written on Hainan, China which was back in December 2014 but maybe because of my memory faded a week after I came back to Singapore, I didn't continue to write.

This time, I believe that I can do it, finish writing my experience in Central Japan for the past week. Here it is, my written experience of Central Japan starts now. As different locations in Japan has many stories to tell, there will be many parts to be posted. Let's begin with Singapore to Tokyo.

Day 1 - 14 June 2015

The first night on the 13th was basically wasted in the airplane. Needless to say, it's not a free and easy trip. It's a guided trip! Like in Beijing and Taiwan back in September and December 2012 respectively, it's a flight at night. When my family arrived at the destination, it automatically became the next day. I don't want to confuse anyone so I would make this straight. I took the flight on the 13th at 11.55pm and arrived on the 14th at around 6am (Japan Time or JT after that). Simple? Clear enough?  I don't know what on earth am I writing now!

Anyway, when we were on board the airplane, it was already the 14th so I will start Day 1 as 14 June 2015.

We took SQ to Narita Airport. On the flight, I watched Infinite Challenge, even though I had watched it before online (Before I got Oh!K channel on the set-top box).


Die-hard fan of this show. When I saw that program featured on the magazine, I watched it immediately.
Refreshments were served in the middle of the flight. There were 2 - Warm mango and shrimp with herbs panini sandwich or Warm chicken satay with potato wrap. I chose the latter one as my refreshment.

The red one was the one I've chosen - Chicken Satay while the other one was Warm Mango and shrimp which my mother ate.
Our breakfast were served after the refreshments were served 1 or 2 hours ago. Again, 2 choices -  Japanese breakfast (Salmon saikyo miso, fish paste omelette, fish cake, seasonal vegetables and steamed rice with yukari powder) or Scrambled egg with chicken chipolata, tomato and hash brown potatoes. I decided to have a taste of Japanese breakfast since I'm traveling to Japan.

Japanese breakfast for me. The dishes tasted great even though the rice serving was a bit small.
The other option - Scrambled eggs. Again, that's what my mother ate.
Oh I forgot to mention about this small bag containing toothpaste, toothbrush and a pair of...I don't know what. Socks?
After 6 or 7 hours of flight, we've finally landed in Japan.

It's daytime, meaning we would be arriving soon.

Custom declarations in Japan is different from other countries that I have visited. As you arrive in Japan's Narita Airport, instead of queuing up one by one, letting the officer to check your passport, it goes by 2, 3, 4 or even more people. Apart from the embarkation form that you have to fill up on your own, there's another form to be filled up as a family for baggage, which is the baggage claim receipt.

It's time to have fun in Central Japan as we began our journey to Disneyland or Disneysea. I forgot to mention the people involved in the guided tour. Our tour guide was a female named Florence. There was another tour leader who accompanied us throughout the tour - Chye Huat. We boarded the bus and moved to the first destination in the morning.

The entry was a bit too long so I would have to make another part of it. See you in part 2 of Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment